In the past our club competitions have had two groups, ‘beginners’ and ‘advanced’ however at our club AGM in June 2013 we decided that we should bring the two groups together making all competitions ‘open’.
Our objective is to support our aim of being a ‘learning club’, and to encourage all club members, whatever their level of experience, to feel confident to enter projected images and prints for all our competition evenings.
For rounds of the Club Competition we ask judges to:
- Score each projected image or print out of a maximum of 20 points, using a broad range of marks to distinguish between the different entries.
- Award up to a max. of 3 Imagination points for any appropriate entries, [at the end of each season we have a trophy for the member gaining the most imagination points in all competitions]
- …and for the Portfolio evening we would like, in addition, a 1st 2nd and 3rd
For Annual Competitions we ask judges to award:
- Up to a max. of 3 Imagination points for any appropriate entries
- ‘Highly Commended’ to appropriate entries
- A 1st 2nd and 3rd
For all competition evenings we hope that judges will assess each entry and offer constructive comments and evaluation so that all our members go home feeling they have learned something new, are encouraged to work on their photographic skills, and take more photographs for themselves and future club competitions!