The Club adopted a policy of sharing and reviewing members’ photographs via Critiques rather than Competitions starting in the 2015-16 season.
We continually review and improve the way that these work so that members get the most benefit (and enjoyment) from them.
During the 2017-18 season there will be four critique evenings:
- Projected images (19th Sept 2017)
- Small group discussion of prints (14 Nov 2017)
- Exchange with Viewfinder Photographic Society (6 Feb 2018)
- Themed projected images (17 Apr 2018)
The Club does still hold three competitions:
- Annual projected image knockout – for fun! (19 Dec 2017)
- Annual print competition (5 Jun 2018)
- Annual projected image competition (19 Jun 2018)
The document “How to Critique Photographs Constructively” could be of use to members.
Here is the Critique A4 handout used for the Print Critique.
After each evening, please add feedback here